This is a website for people interested in books
or papers by Danny Dorling of the University of Oxford, but who are put off by long lists. It provides links to on-line material for many of his books, sample chapters, graphics and data files. It shows what is new and provides a repository of what is old.
In the publications section, each publication or book is shown alongside two related publications. Switch to view one of those two related publications, and a link is shown back to the first publication, but a third new piece of writing is revealed. The website can be navigated in this way in an infinite loop, or can be searched for keywords using the box top right. There is also a short biography and CV of Danny, his upcoming public talks and recordings of past talks, some video clips, and a list of links to websites that relate to Danny’s work.
Most recent updates from the news section:
- The Wind and the Willows
Oxfordshire could be so different and was so different not very long ago. In the novel Larkrise to Candleford, the story of a very different Oxfordshire is told
- What now for the Labour Party?
The vote to leave the European Union is a moment of both crisis and opportunity. Now the need to build a progressive alliance has become urgent.
- Rapidly Worsening Public Health recorded across the UK – PSA Blog July 11th
Across the UK self-reported health has been progressively declining year on year since 2010 with the fastest falls to the worse recorded levels having been confirmed by official data released in March 2016, but not yet reported until now.
Came here by mistake?
Here is the Exit
Danny’s Twitter NewsMy Tweets
- Upcoming events
Discover Danny's Website
- Should government have a Plan B; or, the inclusion of people in society?
- Mortality Inequalities: Scotland versus England and Wales
- Healthy, wealthy but not wise
- Suicide and unemployment in young people
- A Map A Day, For Every Day of the Year: A New View of the World
- Class dealignment and the Neighbourhood Effect: Miller revisited