This is a website for people interested in books
or papers by Danny Dorling of the University of Oxford, but who are put off by long lists. It provides links to on-line material for many of his books, sample chapters, graphics and data files. It shows what is new and provides a repository of what is old.
In the publications section, each publication or book is shown alongside two related publications. Switch to view one of those two related publications, and a link is shown back to the first publication, but a third new piece of writing is revealed. The website can be navigated in this way in an infinite loop, or can be searched for keywords using the box top right. There is also a short biography and CV of Danny, his upcoming public talks and recordings of past talks, some video clips, and a list of links to websites that relate to Danny’s work.
Most recent updates from the news section:
- So, how do we explain it to the young?
Brexit has its roots in the British Empire. So how do we explain it to the young? The EU referendum was the last throes of Empire working its way out of our systems.
- It is easy to blame anything you like on immigration – and wrong
Immigration, The EU Referendum, and the real reasons why our schools are so often full, our housing is so expensive and our health service is underfunded as compared to the rest of Europe.
- Geography, Pollution and Inequality
Manipulating the market mechanism to promote frugality, prudence and deferred gratification without the perversion of profit
Came here by mistake?
Here is the Exit
Danny’s Twitter NewsMy Tweets
- Upcoming events
Discover Danny's Website
- From votes to seats: The operation of the UK electoral system since 1945
- 8 billion by the quarter century (2025)
- Mind the Gap - education inequality across EU regions
- Top up fees and medicine
- Review: A World of Homeowners - American Power and the Politics of Housing Aid By Nancy Kwak
- Our problems are not created by EU membership